Trip to Budapest!
Last weekend, I took the night train to Budapest and back. It was quite the experience for sure. Going there, I was the bottom left of a 4 person compartment and it was a nice ride there. I ended up staying at the Keleti station instead of Kelenfold like I was originally supposed to be.
After wandering around a little bit, I decided to try out some goulash and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it had a lot of flavor and tasted so tender.
After arriving, I went to my hostel, and realized that Hungarian might be the most unique language I've encountered just yet. I think there are very little similarities to any other languages. I noticed pretty quickly that the vibe seemed like a mix of a European city + party/tourism city (not that both can't exist)
Upon dropping my bags, I went to visit Palermo art space, a place where lots of artists who make original pieces have small stores. Most of the things were very expensive though.
I then went to a restaurant that seemed to be very popular (Anthony Bourdain went here), and ordered a blood sausage and a regular sausage with pickles!
After wandering around a little bit, I decided to try out some goulash and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it had a lot of flavor and tasted so tender.
Here's a picture from a Irish pub that my hostel mates went to as they were Irish and wanted to watch the world cup.
The next morning, I went and tried some more trendy donuts, one was poppy seed filling, and another was rasberry jam filling!
We then went to the fishermans bastion and this is a picture of the view! It was pretty cool but nothing crazy.
After visiting most of the sights on the Buda side, I went to this thrift store on the outskirts of the city and it was huge. Biggest thrift store I've seen but with 65% women's clothes.
The church I believe at night, which was only a couple minutes walk from my hostel.
Szimpla Kert! This was such a cool ruin bar with no cover fee and it was decorated really nicely. I thought that it was a great concept and the different floors with music was amazing but the drinks were very overpriced. Line moved quickly.
After meeting some university students at the university of budapest, we went to instant fogras or something like that. This was a huge nightclub with at least 7 dancefloors with great music. I got pretty overstimulated quickly but I loved the concept and idea. Peep the floating pig.
Tried this bagel the next morning, and it was super good.
Went to see the parliament building.
Went to see the main church.
Tried langos at retro langos.
Went to the Veli Bej bath, the water was super nice and I met a solo traveler from Harvard and he was talking about his experiences.
Train at Kelenfold back to Zurich and then home!
Comments
Post a Comment